Friday, June 5, 2015

2015 June 05 * Cheryl's Everyday #Haiku * Day 05

    Haiku Poem


Commencement speaker
Introduces final point
Talks twelve more minutes

By Cheryl Crockett 

#1aday2015 #haiku #poem
#DeMatha #HighSchool #Graduation

#Commencement #NationalShrine #ClassOf2015

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This haiku was inspired by my daughter, with whom I observed that Thomas Boswell (of the Washington Post), mentioned multiple times, that "This is the last thing [he] wanted to say".
I really enjoyed his speech. I found it engaging and of an appropriate length. But, it was punctuated, near the end, with heckling, by my adult, millennial daughter saying to me quietly, and I think, half jokingly "but, mom he promised...".

As I resume writing daily haiku, 

catch-up posts will be dated out of order, something I previously avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment