Wednesday, May 16, 2018

2018 MAY 16 * If I Must Speak Truth to You


If I Must Speak Truth to You

If I must speak truth to you
Sorry I'll never be.
Because I’d want you also
To speak the truth to me.

If somehow I upset you
By saying what is right,
I’ll take that risk so you can always
See the Guiding Light.

When truth must bring correction,
Convenience can’t be found.
Confrontation is uncomfortable
And it can bring us down.

I read it in the Bible
I'm to speak the truth in love.
Can this be done in such a way
So that it is enough?

Speaking truth is joyful.
And Proverbs says of course
That words of truth are like a kiss.
...no reason for remorse.

But when the truth needs to be said,
Too often one may find
The listener doesn’t want to hear;
They’re simply not inclined.

To wrap my brain around this,
I ponder and surmise:
Usually ones who hear truth are
Who must apologize.

No need to ask forgiveness
Or hide and be aloof,
Just drop all trepidation
And boldly speak the truth.

©  2018 Cheryl L. Crockett



No comments:

Post a Comment