Saturday, May 19, 2018

2018 MAY 19 * School Gun Violence Protest Poem [SONNET]


School Gun Violence Protest Poem - A Sonnet

I wonder why this only happens here.
My thoughts consume me as I sit alone.
There’s news of more and more each passing year.
Instead of sobs, I chose to write a poem.

These shootings drive us to our knees to pray,
When someone shoots at schools most every week.
For Sandy Hook, I think I wept all day.
Today, the tears did not come easily.

Because so many died, just like before,
So sick of this, I am completely done!
Who dreads the breaking news reporting more?
Next week another child, another gun….

Does this just happen in the USA?
Let’s never, ever look the other way.

©  2018 Cheryl L. Crockett



#poem #poetry #guns #school #gunviolence #protest #shootings #highschool #teen #murder #deaths

No comments:

Post a Comment