Tuesday, April 1, 2014

2014 April 1 * NaPoWriMo * Day 1 [Poem]

A Poem Prompted By The Bibliomancy Oracle

       inspired by a randomly generated literary passage


"More handsome men might promise to verb your noun or noun your verb,"
        from “Marriage Song” by Sherman Alexie  
You are the more handsome man;
Who doesn't seem to notice when
Smokey eyes track you in periphery;
Everyone's pretending.

You are the more handsome man.
Bravado and a winning smile
And  abs for miles (I can imagine);  
I saw you look my way. 

But trading on appearances
Countless conquests weight your door.
They cater to your every whim.
Would I be just one more?

Your pro
mises are hollow  
Transparent and cliche'.
I can't trust a syllable;
I will not be your prey. 

I walk a little faster;
I know what I should do.
You'll soon be distracted
For the handsome man is you.
By Cheryl Crockett    
#NaPoWriMo #Poem
  

1 comment:

  1. I love this! What a wonderful perspective on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete