Monday, April 7, 2014

2014 April 7 * NaPoWriMo * Day 7 [Poem]

Ode To Crystal
       A POEM of love for An inaniMate object 

I love you only with my eyes
I smile to have you near
I look at you throughout my day
So happy that you’re here

I do not need to touch you
To experience you best
I only need to glance your way
To know this happiness

A sanity prescription
I need my daily dose
I really want to keep you
He must not get too close

You sparkle in my presence
Your facets my delight
A treasured thing of beauty
So joyful to my sight

Filled with expensive chocolates
Or apples from my sack;
I like you best when empty
I think you like me back

I admire so much about you
You’re fragile yet so strong
If he would try to break you
In an instant you’d be gone

You’re here because he hurt me
A present after pain
You helped me to forgive him;
He might do it again 

When he comes into the room
I put you on a shelf
I pledge I will protect you
And so protect myself

Insisting on our safey
This promise I will give
With undying affection
I pray we both shall live

And that he never breaks you
I hope deep in my soul
That I’ll love you forever
My lead cut crystal bowl

By Cheryl Crockett

                                                     Photo by Cheryl Crockett



#NaPoWriMo
#Love #Poem 
#Rhyming #Rhyme

    Here is a link to the Official Day 7 prompt  

No comments:

Post a Comment