Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 April 13 * NaPoWriMo * Day 13 [Poem]

He Understands Me (Kenning)
                
                A POEM of noun pairs

He understands me

With
my city way
my country game
my welfare purse
my society name

I’ve got government schoolin’
And actress tastes
I’m a fashion fool
With a circus waist

He accepts
me

And
my laundry mountain
my kitchen skills
my number plays
and medicine pills

my hospital houseplants
m
y bacteria carpet
my m
ildew sink
graveyard garden

I accept him

Despite his success ambivalence
façade insecurity
Our height difference
And his wilderness need for me

I love

his heartland family
double decade car
He has a money job
and he's never seen cell bars

What a marriage match we'll make!

By Cheryl Crockett
                                          Wonderful and quick response to this poem!

Click here for the Official Day 13 Prompt
#NaPoWriMo #Kenning #Poem

1 comment: