Thursday, February 11, 2021

FOUND HAIKU

Day 11 – FOUND HAIKU

When creating a “found poem”, there’s no need to write a word list, because it has already been written by someone else. As the poet, I will go and find words that are contained in a work authored by someone else. Every word in the finished poem will have been found on the selected pages; none will have been added by me, only hand-picked and arranged… curated.

For this prompt, I will be creating my very first “found haiku” of six words. Using a couple of pages from a book, or a magazine article, I will copy those pages and circle words that are interesting to me. 

My rules for writing my found haiku will be:

1.    I must work from a single work of one author

2.    The topic of my poem must be different from that of the book/article where the words came from

3.    All words in my finished poem must appear on the actual pages I searched

4.    All words are eligible to be in my poem if they appear on the selected page(s)

Let's see what I can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment