Wednesday, February 3, 2021

VACATION DREAMING

Day 4 Prompt – VACATION DREAMING

Each Wednesday, my work team has a virtual meeting. Our team leader recently delegated selected small groups to come up with team-building activities in which everyone can participate. Today’s activity was for each of us to share what vacation destination we would like to visit, when it is safe, after the pandemic.
One by one, we shared where we wanted to go, and why. Many posted photos or websites. From Africa to Europe, South America and back to the USA, the locations were scattered all over. One location was in our state (Maryland). I was put in charge of planning a coworker excursion to this place to occur in spring.

So, for today’s prompt, what vacation dreams do you have? Do you want to go camping in the mountains, or go skiing on snowy mountains? My choice was Aruba, an island with blue ocean water and year-round beach weather. I want to go because my brother was planning to take me there. When he realized he would not live long enough to take me, he told me he wanted me to go.

My #NaHaiWriMo #haiku for today was inspired by this experience. I look forward to seeing yours.

waves chase gulls shoreward
pale toes sink into damp sand
splashing children squeal

© 2021 Cheryl L. Crockett

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cheryl. It is a rare Haiku that immerses you in the sights, sounds, and atmosphere of a moment. Well done.

    What a touching tribute to the memory of your dear brother.

    Love you Sis,

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete