Sunday, February 21, 2021

HAIKU INSPIRED BY AN IMAGE

Day 21 Prompt -  HAIKU INSPIRED BY AN IMAGE

A picture forms in the mind of the poet, who then paints the image with words from her pen. But, the image doesn't have to be imaginary. I often look for inspiration in many different places. When I want to mix it up and set my word list aside, I will start with no words at all and search a copyright free image website. Putting random words in the search, usually a photo will appear that suggests a story, and my creative juices will start to flow.

The haiku linked here [CLICK] was written after viewing this photo and asking myself:
"What's happening that I don't see? The picture I chose, for a 2015 haiku I wrote, features a cat sitting next to a window, curiously looking outside. It is unknown what had captured the kitty's attention. That's all I needed.

Here is the haiku I wrote:

"You will be my lunch"
said the cat to the bird
"except for this window."


© 2015 Cheryl L. Crockett

The image came from pixabay.com, but I now use unsplash.com. My encouragement to those who use images found online, is to please use copyright free websites and give credit to the photographer. Just as you would want others to share your poetry and give credit to you for your work, please offer the image creator the same courtesy.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment